What began in the early 1970's with an 8-member team to Haiti continues at First Baptist Atlanta with over 100 short-term missionaries serving the Lord each year in a variety of ways around the world today. The primary purpose of FBA's short-term ministry is to help accomplish FBA's Mission which is to 1) Touch the world with the Word of God motivated by a passion for God and a compassion for people and 2) To lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
As an FBA Short-Term Team Member, you will have the opportunity to:
- Trust God in ways you may never have before.
- Share the Gospel through Word and Deed.
- Develop life-long friendships with team members at home and on the field.
- Use your gifts and talents to the Glory of God.
- Stay engaged in cross cultural life and ministry long after the trip is over.
- Serve as a catalyst to help others participate in the Great Commission.
- And much more!
How Can I Join a Short-Term Mission Team?
Note: See the FBA Short-Term Application for a complete listing of policies and procedures.
- Applicants must have a salvation testimony and be able to clearly verbally express this conversion experience. Training on sharing your testimony cross culturally will be provided during team meetings.
- Applicants must be FBA members for at least one year (high school and college students must be active in an FBA ministry for one school year) and be actively involved in ministries such as Sunday School, choir, hospitality, etc.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old. Applicants under 18 must receive parental approval.
- Prior to approval, applicants must pass a background check.
- A deposit is required ($100 for Adults, $50 if under 18) to apply. This deposit is a tax-deductible contribution that will go toward team expenses and as such, is non-refundable, even if the applicant is not approved.
- Applicants must be approved by the Short-Term Missions Pastor and the team leader.
- All team members are expected to attend all team meetings, complete all paperwork, and meet all requirements set by the Short-Term Missions Pastor and the team leader.
- All team members are responsible for their total per-person trip cost. Personal Support Discovery Training will be provided during team meetings.
See the current list of Short-Term Mission Trips.